We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Convert to composite port

brindly

Likes # 0

I have a SONY VAIO desk top VGC V2S all in one but having problems with the local IT people: see consumer watch Who can you trust. I am thinking of upgrading to the later model VPC13 that is being offered for £749 plus £50 for a TV card. The only problem is that this model doesn't have the composite ports that I need because i use it to play/record films/TV/VCR and DVD player to keep for myself. Anyone know if it is possible to adapt a USB to composite output.

Like this post
brindly

Likes # 0

Perhaps i should clarify how i set up the way i use my computer to play/record/video/dvd through the composite port. I a have scart connector with the composite connection on the other side. The scart is connected to the digital freeview box that gives me TV and with the inbuilt TV card i am able to record to the hard drive. If I want to play and record a DVD/video i put the scart in to the back of the vcr/dvd player, put the TV on channel 10 and that plays/records to the hard disc. I would then use Pinnicle to edit and put it on a disc. As far as my research goes the new Sony Vaio doesn't have this composite port, i would only be able to record tv so i need an alternative.I have used this system for about 4 years and have put all my old videos on dvd and copied some of my favorite TV programs and films to keep.

Like this post
brindly

Likes # 0

Sorry no one could come up with an answer, never mind i have my old computer back and it is almost all working as it should.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback