We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC & Xbox feeding single monitor.

bigmike

Likes # 0

Hello, may I ask what may be a 'no brainer'? I have a single 24 inch HDMI monitor and I have to swap feed from PC to Xbox360 depending on which I want to use. I don't like changing the multi pin plugs over again and again, for fear of damaging a pin. So is there a simple way of connecting both units to the monitor, so that it will display from the one that is switched on? Or must I wait for Father Xmas to bring me another monitor? Mike (York)

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Want make model of monitor are you talking about. I have my wii, a PC connected to my TV because it has plenty of connections and its then just a matter of changing the source on the remote control to which one I want to use.

I can probably use my Dell UltraSharp U2410 24in Monitor as it also comes with lots of different connection ports.

So what ports do you have on your monitor, ideally two HDMI ports would probably work.

Like this post
bigmike

Likes # 0

Thanks for your response. My BenQ 24 inch monitor has a single HDMI socket, as does the Xbox 360. There are no USB sockets, which the Xbox does have. A KVM switch could be the answer, but I really want to hear it from 'the horses's mouth'! It sounds as if you have the same/similar setup. Mike

Like this post
windsock

Likes # 0

hi i use this for my xbox and pc http://www.cclonline.com/product/27766/SB-472/KVM-Switches/2-Way-VGA-/-SVGA-Manual-Switch-Box/KVM0051/same principle three ports on back xbox and pc tower plug into back third lead plugs into moniter then just switch over using a or b

Like this post
bigmike

Likes # 0

Hello Windsock! Thanks for your tip. I'll check it out. Mike

Like this post
bigmike

Likes # 0

Thanks again Windsock and others......it works, it works! All systems are now GO!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...