We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Office 2003

ponytail

Likes # 0

My wife is doing some letters as she is job hunting.She has a standard letter in my documents on her laptop.But some of the words in the heading sem to be underlined and she cannot find the underline button to click on.On my PC I just click on home and bold.italics and underline appear but she does not appear to be able to get home any advice please

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

Select the underlined words, hold down CTRL and press u.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+u

Highlight the word that is underlined, hold down Ctrl and press u

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'm too late.. again

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

But can she not get the home option.She cannot print in italics or bold and cannot underline.I have office 2007 and hers is office 2003 but I would have thought it would be the same on both versions

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

For the future, in Word 2003's menus go to "View > Toolbars" and make sure there is a tick against Formatting.

This is the toolbar that has the Bold, Italic, Underline buttons as well as others such as font type, colour & size, paragraph alignment etc.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Are you sure that the words are underlined or are they words that are not in the Word 2003 dictionary, and it is querying the words or the grammar by high- lighting them

Terry

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

ponytail,

"I have office 2007 and hers is office 2003 but I would have thought it would be the same on both versions"

Nope. 2007 introduced the hideous (IMHO) ribbon replacing the conventional toolbars used in previous versions.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

If none of the above advise works, open the document in WordPad and format it there.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......