We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error code 2000-0333 Dell Inspiron 6400

Scubaman

Likes # 0

Hi folks, I have a Dell Insp 6400 and on boot I get a blue scren with horizontal lines scrolling. I have run the LCD BIST test and get an error code 2000-0333 and a message 'Graphics test timed out waiting for keyboard response'. I ran a diagnostics on the keyoard and all passed except I could not complete the key sequence test, the 'windows' key was not recognised and the only option for the layout on the laptop was the European 88 key, 103 key compatible. I have looked at the Dell site with a view to contacting them but get no joy. Any ideas?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you tried pressing the link to fix.

Scroll down till you get to the error code that you are looking for.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=DSN_300428&isLegacy=true

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you tried running in safe mode and last good configuration or System restore to when it was running Ok.

Like this post
Scubaman

Likes # 0

I am unable to start in any mode, whatever button I press nothing happens. I have looked at the link mentioned previously and I am unable to access anything.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I think it is F11 you have to press to get back to factory settings but you don't want to do that unless a last resort.

There is always system repair but you need the Windows disc for that.

Just a matter of waiting for some Dell users to give you the information that you need.

This is what the link said so not sure if you got that far or not.

The Diagnostics runs tests that need to have user interaction, Error codes below are because of no user interaction:
    1000-0312
    2000-0333
Re-run the Diagnostics while being at the Computer to interact with the Diagnostics.

Video Card/Graphics Card
Remove and reinstall the Video Card on a Desktop Computer for error codes:
    1000-0332
    2000-0332
    1000-0333
    2000-0333
    1000-0334
    2000-0334
Please see the Service manual for instructions on how to remove and reinstall the Video Card. Be sure to remove and reinstall the monitor cables.
After reinstalling the Video Card re-run the diagnostics if you receive the same error code Contact Us.

Toolbar

Like this post
Scubaman

Likes # 0

Thanks for your input. I have solved the problem, not 100% sure how but I blew out the keyboard and rechecked the key test with no problems, rebooted and hey presto, it booted okay even though it took 12 mins to do it, but that is something else I can look at, so once again thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks