We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Location Resets itself

alfredgerald
Resolved

Likes # 0

On the Google results page, down the left hand side it gives me the opportunity to set a local location for searching. I have reset this on numerous occasions but each time the computer is started the location resets itself to the previous location. Can anyone suggest how I maintain the location I set?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

from google support "Your manually set location will be saved in a browser cookie on your specific computer and internet browser only. When you use the same computer and browser, this manually set location will be used to customize your search results instead of the automatically detected location. If your location preference doesn’t remain saved on the browser or computer where you set it, please check your browser settings."

http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1224171&answer=179386&rd=1

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014