We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Multi-Sessions remote access help

aplanet

Likes # 0

Hello,

My situation is that I have software that I need to share with many people. The issue is that new released are sent out every 3 months so I can't physically go around everyone's computer each time.

I have an ideal world solution but am not sure if its possible.

Have one computer with the software loaded and have people access it using some form of remote access software. Now in i know this is easy enough to do but I suspect I will need capacity for potentially upto 5 people to use the software at the same time.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might achieve this ?

Thanks,

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"The issue is that new released are sent out every 3 months"

Can't these other users simply run the software on their machines, and then download and install the updates as they become available? It's the simplest thing in the world to park an update package on a web-server and let people come in and download.

If you really don't want the software running on client machines you could run an application server,and let people login and work remotely, but it's an unnecessarily complicated way to go about it if you have lots of users.

You start off by saying you need to share the software with "many people", and go on to say that up to 5 people will be involved. I would let those 5 people run the software on their machines, and feed them updates via download.

Like this post
ashleycardwell94

Likes # 0

if in the same building and you have a server, depending on your setup, you may be able to deploy updates via group policy.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added