We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

lappy nicked formated notworking

burnleyshopmobility

Likes # 0

hi all my laptop and other stuff was take from my home i got my lappy back but the person! who took it re formated it so i have lost my window xp disc i still have the codes for windows xp can i download xp for free from anywere hope u can help david

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you can borrow an XP disc you can use the code on your laptop to re-intall it.

Like this post
burnleyshopmobility

Likes # 0

i tried to borrow two but both wrer copys i will have to keep looking as i need this for a charty i work for thank for teying to help david

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

It should not matter that the XP disks were copies only that they were the same as yours, ie home or pro or oem. If the XP came with the laptop it will likely be oem. Do you have a sticker on the bottom of your laptop, this will tell you what version of XP you have. Once you know what version you have we can see about getting you a copy.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

place disc in disc drive look at screen follow instructions, did you also have a drivers disc, you will have to use that after you have installed xp

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

their are several places you could download xp from but it would be far better if you could borrow a disk from a trusted source as downloads you never know what extra;s you are getting in the form of virus and malware

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED