We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer- why two anti virus programs?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, please may i ask why my friend's new Acer laptop has both McAfee+Avast antivirus programs preinstalled? Isn't it advised against to have two antiviruses running at the same time because they may conflict? Both are visible in the taskbar. Please help if you can.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Yes, if they are showing on the task bar the are both installed. One should be removed immediately.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Odd. I've bought 3 Acer Aspires in the last couple of months. All had McAffee 9trial), but non had Avast.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

I have two antivirus programs on my systems, one is active the other is disabled. The reason being is that if I suspect that Kasperky is not doing its job I will enable Norton to double check my systems. As long as one is disabled it will not conflict with the other. Remember an antivirus program is not 100% fool proof so better safe than sorry.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK