We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wireless on laptop turns on and off

Minarana79

Likes # 0

My laptop's wireless connection keeps turning on and off, it connects to the internet for around 2 seconds then the wireless icon on my Advent 1000 laptop turns off. I have tried turning the router off for 10 seconds and also turning laptopmoff but its still the same, the problem has only started occuring yesterday after having this laptop for over a year. Please could someone help

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Try running System Restore back to before the problem arose, in case a setting in the registry has become messed up.

Like this post
Minarana79

Likes # 0

I spilled water on top of the laptop which was closed but i doubt that could have led to my wireless connection not working. The wireless icon on my laptop flashes blue on and off and the bars on the (im not sure what its called) the connection are all full but then a red x appears on it and ive lost connection. Nothing really had changed when this occured, i was browsing the internet when it started doing this out of the blue but thanks i will try the system restore. Thanks for that

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Try changing the wireless channel you are using someone nearby may be using the same channel.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...