We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advent 7095 Lap Top wont Start Up

mcheathen

Likes # 0

When switched on a screen appears saying 'we appologise for the inconvience......

then there are a list of options, Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Promt

Last known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Irrespective of which option is chosen the Windows XP appears followed by a blue screen. The blue screen only appears for a couple of seconds and says among other things preparing physical memory dump. Then it repeats itself by going back to the screen with all the options.

The laptop runs on Windows XP with 512mb ram, 60gb HDD, Intel Celeron M 370 1.5gb. UNfortunately there is no start up disc with it.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Hi Go to [Click Here] Scroll down to (XP repair install) As far as I know any XP disk will do a repair providing you use your Xp serial number that came with your PC.

Like this post
mcheathen

Likes # 0

I manage to get the blue screen to stay still. Here is the complete message: STOP: Coooo218 {Registry File Failure} The Registry cannot load the hive (file) \SystemRoot\sytem32\Config\SECURITY or its log or alternate. It is corupt, absent, or not writable.

Beginning dump of Physical memory.

Physical memory dump complete

BTW I tried using a Windows XP recovery disc, but the Laptop wont accept it.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Like this post
mcheathen

Likes # 0

Cheers Ex plorer. I managed to get the laptop to accept disc by altering BIOS settings. This is a recover disc for a PC, will it still do for a laptop and do I have to install special drivers for the laptop.

Like this post
mcheathen

Likes # 0

While installing XP I chose the option which does not involve re-formating HHD. Hopefully this will allow the installation without loss of drivers.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

That should be a repair install if so you should be ok for your Data.

Like this post
mcheathen

Likes # 0

I managed to get XP installed, but lost most of the programs. Thiu included the network adaptor for getting online. The adaptor is Belkon 54g. I've tried their website and others but no luck. Does anyone know where I can download the drive/software?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks