We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC not keeping time when switched off

Newuser2

Likes # 0

The PC is not keeping time when its switched off, I assume its the MB battery that needs replacing. Just need to confirm before I have to take things to bits. Thnaks

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Newuser2

It probably is the CMOS Battery that needs replacing. At any rate, that would be my first port of call. It's quick and easy to do and the batteries are way cheap. But there isn't anything to take apart as you say...LOOK HERE For step by step instruction.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Newuser2

Make sure your PC is unplugged from the mains before you delve into it.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Looks like a battery replacement. Make sure that the tags are fitting correctly before reassembling the case. Some people tend to use a small screwdriver on the tags (lifting tags to drop the battery out), which can leave a secure fix contact problem.

Like this post
Newuser2

Likes # 0

Thanks guys, you confirmed my suspicions

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If it only loses an hour or two it may be set to the wrong time region.Dublin ,Edinburgh,Lisbon and London it should be set to for the UK.

If already set to that probably the Cmos battery needing replaced.

Like this post
Newuser2

Likes # 0

Battery replaced, e gods so many damn leads from rear of PC. Tomorrow will be the acid test.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features