We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Home Premium 64bit/32bit

chestnutcake

Likes # 0

Hi I am helping a neighbour who is considering purchasing an On-line CD Workshop Manual for his car. One seller stated this particular CD was only suitable for Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit systems. Can anyone advise as to whether there is much difference between 64 bit and 32 bit? I don't know what the difference is and am reluctant to tell him to buy the CD if 64bit which he has, would not be of any use.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Most 32 bit proogrammes work happily on a 64 bit system. I have w 7 64 bit but most of my programmes run in 32 bit mode under C:/Programme Files(x86)

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Never heard that one before. Is the dealer perhaps trying to increase the price for a "64-bit compatible" CD?

Like this post
chestnutcake

Likes # 0

Thanks John, will take a chance and advise my Pal to get the CD.

HondaMan, no, the situation is that there were two different sellers of this Mazda CD. The one stated it would only run on 32bit. His listing must have finished last week perhaps, because I cannot see any details now. I therefore checked wsith the second Seller who makes no mention of compatibility but I wondered if they were identical CDs and so the 32bit would be an issue.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Would appreciate a final update when you have tried it, just for interest's sake.

Like this post
chestnutcake

Likes # 0

Hi Morddwyd

The CD will be coming from Cyprus so it will be about two weeks before I can give an update - will have fingers crossed, Will certianly post when it has been checked out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen