We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Print Screen with wireless keyboard?

geedad

Likes # 0

My HP wireless keyboard does not work. I have pressed the "Prt Scr" key, but nothing happens. I have tried a combination "Ctrl" + "Prt Scr", but to no avail. Is there another way to print the screen? geedad

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

link text Free version of FastStone Capture.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 1

How are you using "Prt Scr"? What it does is to copy the screen to the clipboard so that you can paste into a graphics program, Word etc. Alt+PrtScr copies the active window. You don't actually see anything happen when you press the key.

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

mgmcc Thank you very much. I was a little puzzled since this keyboard is new as the PC is, and previously I had used a freebie piece of software on my old Xp with good results. Hence, I had forgotten how to use the PrtScn, and when 'nothing happened' as you indicated, I thought something may not be working properly with my mouse/keyboard!

I will give your advice a go, and see what happens.

Nontek Thanks for your suggestion. geedad

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

mgmcc Just tried it - it works! Thanks again, geedad

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...