We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I want to go back to IE8

mo66ie

Likes # 0

Hi I am running Vista Home Premium SP2 with IE9. The problem I have is that I want to go back to IE8 but I can't find IE in the list of programs in the programs and features list to uninstall it. What am I doing wrong? Regards Allan

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Instructions for uninstalling IE8 link text Or there is the MS version which I think is less helpful link text

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

For uninstalling IE9 see link text

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try Add remove.Turn Windows features on or off.Scroll down to IE9 and untick it.Then press Ok and wait for it to uninstall.

To be on the safe side make sure you have another browser that you can use in case it removes IE8 as well.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

If IE9 updtate happened recently it may be easiest to use the windows system restore back to just before you installed it

Cheers HC

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

I happen to think this is pretty good advice (but I suppose I would):

How to uninstall Internet Explorer 9

Like this post
mo66ie

Likes # 0

Thanks guys.

Just after I posted this I remembered that IE9 came down as an update so I un-installed the update. Reesult. Thanks again. Regards Allan

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK