We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

unidentified part

howard64
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a small HP object with a model no. TSGI-IR01 it has a cable coming from it with a standard usb plug on the end. It has 2 small sockets on it labeled 1 and 2. It is oblong with rounded ends and flat top and bottom. It is 80mm x 50mm. The body is silver and the top is almost see thru black. Does anyone know what this is and what its purpose is. I have entered the model number on the HP site but it is not recognized.

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

I have plugged it in and in devices and printers it is shown as an ehome infrared transceiver.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

infrared transceiver

allow your machine to connect to other machines or devices via infra red.

in the old days (early 90's) we used to swap files via infra red on our laptops well before the company got a network installed. :0)

Like this post  
howard64

Likes # 0

thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ I must have missed that section in the old days (early 90's) I have had a pc at home since 1975. Well my W7 pc recognizes it so I take it that it works ok but I have no use for it. If anyone has a use for it just let me know and you can have it.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Howard,

If you have the Remote that goes with your TSGI-IR01, They Both work with Windows 7 Media Center, Easier than using a Mouse.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Forgot the Picture Click here

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

thanks Lazarus The 2nd but there is no remote with it. This part was in a box of old pc parts and cables that was given to me by a friend of someone clearing a house of stuff that was about to be dumped.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015