We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC sound out to Home theater...Please help me

sanu999

Likes # 0

Hi, i got a Dell Optiplex GX620 that i connected to my Sony KDL EX403 via VGA cable. there is no sound from VGA cable, so I tried to connect the PC to my ONKYO SR 508 home theatre via a normal RCA cable. But no sound. There sound coming out from PC, but if i connect a portable speaker to the sound out in front of the PC, the sound is not coming through the speaker, its from internal speaker. But if i connected to head phone, the sound coming through the portable speaker. In a nutshell the sound is only coming from the headphone socket. Can anyone help me to sort this out please? thanks in advance

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Control Panel - Sounds and Audio... - Audio tab - Check what device is being used for your Sound Playback

Like this post
sanu999

Likes # 0

Hi thanks for your reply...it is SoundMax Digital Audio

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Does it give you other options like front or rear panel?

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Not got the WAVE selection muted on the Volume control by any chance

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing