We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HTML or CSS for a table?

Colonel Graham

Likes # 0

Microsoft Office Live Small Business is closing soon. They want us to transfer to Office 365, which is a paid for service. Our charities cannot afford to pay for this, which in any case, has facilities we would never use.

I have made a start on Blogger, it has all we need and is free. One major problem I have is in displaying pictures, which is the main function of the site - advertise cats and record when they are homed.

This is a page on the old site The new site

As you can see, in Blogger I have little control over positioning. You're supposed to drag and drop, but that usually moves anther one. What I would like is a table to put the pictures in. How can I do that?

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

Hi

If you want help with image galleries on Blogger, might be worth reading through the many related threads at their help centre e.g.

Blogger

You could also post there, or search for free blogger templates with a ready made gallery, plenty around.

The other option is look for alternatives before going too far. You might consider approaching web design colleges in your area, which will often help with this type of project.

In some cases directly, or by finding capable students who will build you a site for free, because they are prepared to and useful for their portfolio. They should be able to use a format/CMS which you can then take on to manage.

How about Sheffield Hallam University, who run web design courses at a high level and more casually via their Training Foundry. Well worth a call or two, or try an email to creativedigital(at)shu.ac.uk who run the college sites but are involved on a wider basis I believe, they should know the best route in.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...