We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Experience Index on W/7 64Bit

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi.Just checked to see how my computer was running using Windows Experience Index,

The page comes up and I get this message on it Your windows experience index has not yet been established, Then you press the button for it to rate the computer and nothing happens.

Just wondered if it does not work on 64Bit computers.

[Just press start and type Windows Experience Index into the box ]

It worked on my 32 bit computer when I had it so not sure why it does not work on this one.

It is no big deal it is just you notice something is not working and you wonder why.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I did not know this function existed, but I have just tried it on my W7 64 bit HP and it seems OK. It provided a variety of figures that mean absolutely nothing to me without further investigation, but there were no messages along the lines of your OP.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok QuizMan looks like a problem with my computer then.

I will have to have a look around and see why it does not work

Thanks for getting back to me.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Hi,buteman

Just followed your instruction on where/what to type in my Windows 7 64 Bit machine. NOTHING!! No programmes, comments or anything else!! So wherever this came from it appeared that I could not get at it!. I then had a thought and went via Device Manager to be greeted with ALL the details and it telling I needed to re-run it. I did, no change as my graphics card etc., are unchanged!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well I get two which appear,

1st check the windows experience Index

2nd Use tools to improve performance

both open Windows Experience Index which does not run.

So a bit odd 3 different computers and 3 different results.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Works fine on my 64bit laptop

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Works fine on my 64bit W7. Try Start/Control Panel/System and Security/System/Check the Windows Experience Index

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Snrub

I get to Control panel and System.There is no system and security.And no check the windows experience.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Hi buteman I am running Windows7 Home Premium service pack 1. What is yours?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

The same as yours.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If it's a laptop it won't work on batteries. If Control panel is set to large or small icons you will get to System direct. If on category view you will need to navigate as per Snrub's instructions.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK