We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

EPG not working

gel
Resolved

Likes # 0

EPG not working

I have a sony LCD Digital Colour TV model Bravia KDL-26S3000 coupled to a Sony DVD Recorder Model HXD870 The units were bought new 2 years ago approx

Suddenly the EPG has stopped working. I have gone through the set up proceedures and all seems well with the EPG but then again it fails and I get message 'this function cannot be used now' Manually I can still record. Can any one help please gel

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

it may be remote button track under inside the remote, I have had problems like this, you can buy Silver Paint from maplins to repair a track like that or a printed circuit board

its cheaper than buying a new control. you need to take out any screws you can see there may be one under a sticker and pry the control apart

Like this post  
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Who is the EPG provider? they may have gone out of business

Like this post
gel

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\

I understand that there have been some recent changes the other Guide was 'Watching TV using the Guide Plus + System' which was used for analogue This is no longer available and now seems associated with the Radio Times

I think my problem may be to do with digital change over and is caused by a Regional Transmission fault

It may correct itself but I was wondering if others had experienced the same problem

Thank you also wood chip

gel

Like this post
gel

Likes # 0

Who is EPG ? link texthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronicprogramguidelink text

I don't know how to do a link since PC advisor changed

gel Yes I do I think

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

As I said the Remote as worn out, you can repair it the way I said above. all the button does is shorts contacts out on the board under it but the contacts ware out, that's where you need the silver paint to repair the tracks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback