We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

CLMLSvc.exe unable to locate component

//adz_w///

Likes # 0

hi, when i type in the password and it comes to the desktop on my laptop i get an error message saying "this application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found re - installing the application may fix the application." i get alot of programmes that don't work because of this for example msn (im not to fussed about i don't use it), touch pad enhancements, acer arcade deluxe and acer arcade deluxe media. what is this file and where is it and how do i fix it?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Found this but not sure if it will work or not.

Start > run > and type "regsrv32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll" (without the quotes) click OK.

You will get a message window either telling you it has been registered successfully or an error notice.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

it didnt work it just said it couldn't find it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Google

Having a good look through Google there were a few remedies for it but nothing that I have tried before.

So maybe best waiting for someone that knows to give you the proper advice.

If using W/7 you could go to Command prompt and type in sfc /scannow and see if that finds any problems.

You would probably need the Windows Cd if using XP.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

ive had a little look but didn't find much ive got windows vista home basic hoping to upgrade to 7 soon though will go see if that command works though

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

do i need a windows CD for this if i do i don't have one when i bought the laptop they didn't give me one is there anywhere i can download the content of the disk or something.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if you need the CD with Vista but I am sure someone can tell us if you need it or don't. With vista you may have to right click command prompt and tick run as administrator.

Try it without the disc and if it ask's you to insert one just come out of it again.

There is a way of doing it without the Cd but will have to look and see if I can find it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Had a look at this and it did not say anything about loading the CD so I would assume you can run it without it.

link text

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

yeah im running the scan now ill tell you the results i dont have a disk anyway with vista on it.

Like this post
//adz_w///

Likes # 0

scan didnt finish it said something about resorce protection so it couldnt do the procedure and then my computer cut out i think it might of blue screened aswell i was on the other side of the room i saw it do something before it cut out due to overheating i think

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Your search was too long. Create a restore point and try this (top link).

link text

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'