We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook Express stopped working with Hotmail

jrk200203

Likes # 0

I am using Outlook Express with Hotmail. Upto today morning it was working fine. But after 10 O'clock morning it is showing the below error:

An unknown error has occurred Account."Hotmail",Server. 'smtp.live.com' Protocol SMTP,Server Response 421 service not available [connection refused.too many connections]' Port 25, Secure(SSL) Yes, Server Error:421 Error Number 0x800CCC67

please help me solve the issue.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Sounds as if there is nothing you can do about this problem as it is a server problem, i.e. it is somewhere at your ISP.

Although I've not heard of it for some time, some ISPs blocked Hotmail when it was being used for Spam and a huge throughput was seen.

Like this post
jrk200203

Likes # 0

Hi.. I got the solution. SMTP port is changed from 25 to 587. After putting the SMTP outgoing port 587, then outlook express is working properly with hotmail.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014