We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

i would like to build computer from scratch

polygone6754

Likes # 0

I would like to ask if there is a magazine or booklet that shows how to install hardware and also show were all the cables in the case are fitted in the motherboard

• Tags:
  • cc
Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

No need to buy anything, look at this on this website: How to build a PC

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If its a book that you want, then perhaps a visit to a local library might be the answer. Amazon and eBay usually have a fair selection of books at good prices, but take into consideration the date the book was published, as components could have changed to much later specifications since the book was released.

With Amazon and eBay there might be reviews supplied by previous purchaser's, which can be very helpful on making any decisions. On Amazon, some of the books advertised have a facility to open and part read the book, which might give an insight to the actual books true contents.

If you are going to build for the first time, make sure that the components that you use are compatible with each other. It might even pay to look at a few 'bare-bones' units from the likes of Novatech, and see how their systems are configured.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

polygone6754

If you need...

"a magazine or booklet that shows how to install hardware"

It seems to me like you are trying to run before you can walk. Installing hardware is a fairly basic act of owning and using a PC. It's something that we all have to do eventually. Unless of course you prefer to pay someone else to do it for you. I got my knowledge of PC's from being hands on. Although it was more a matter of necessity, rather than desire. As in my case I couldn't afford to pay someone else to do it for me. If you don't mind me asking, How long have you been using a PC?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers