We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

lost sound on pc

bgagencies

Likes # 0

AMD HDMI output not plugged in when it is. No sound playback from pc. This appears to have happened after I installed Uniblue Driver Updater. I think there was an error loading a new driver. Old driver might have been uninstalled. When I try to update driver manually it tells me I have the most up to date driver already. Can you help.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Try a System Restore back to before you installed Uniblue Driver updater - I don't trust Uniblue anyway!

Like this post
bgagencies

Likes # 0

Problem is I don't have a system backup of this - I have only been backing up files not my whole system. - any other suggestions? Btw I also tried uninstalling it and letting the pc reboot to reinstall

I think the problem may be that it updated the driver but I need the old driver for it to work - is that possible? Any ideas where I could get this from?

Thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Uniblue has very bad customer reviews so maybe that is where your problem is.

It is not a back up it is a restore.

All programs.Accessories.System Tools.System Restore and restore it to a time it was working ok.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You could also go into Device manager.Click on Sound and roll back the driver and see if that works.

Like this post
bgagencies

Likes # 0

Thank you Buteman the system restore worked perfectly had a minor issue with iTunes but a software update then sorted that out - so thank you as I was beginning to think nothing would work all other forums said to roll back the driver which wasn't working

So thank you again!

Like this post
bgagencies

Likes # 0

And thank you nontek ;0) you were right

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Glad to hear it (pun intended), thanks for your feedback!

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

DriverMax is a reputable app for your future consideration.

And of course System Images to an ext HDD are best as now realised. (Macrium Reflect and Easeus Todo are my preferences)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...