We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are cookies bad for health ?

gel
Resolved

Likes # 0

Are cookies bad for the health of my computer?

Ccleaner has a facility for saving or deleting cookies during a scan

Are there good and bad cookies

If I allow all cookies will I have a problem

gel

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 1

I personally never mess with my cookies, other than running what I call 'soft' disk cleaning utilities such as Glary Utilities. I have never had any problems as a result.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 1

I don't allow third party cookies, and regularly clean tracking and advertisers; cookies.

They've no need to store stuff, no matter how insignificant, on my computer.

Many other cookies - log in details, site personalisation, browser preferences etc are more helpful.

I would hate to have to log in and set this site up just the way I want it every time I visit.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 1

PS There is a neat little programme called CookiePal which gives you more control, but I don't think it works with Win 7.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 1

CCleaner lets you manage your cookies quite effectively.

Tell it which ones you want to keep and which ones you don't.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Only if you eat to many.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

Are cookies bad for health ?

I hope not, they always make me feel much better, especially the double choc chip ones. :0)

I only have one cookie saved with Ccleaner and that's the one for this site as it saves me having to log in every time.

The others drive me crazy as most of them are tracking cookies so they have to go.

Like this post  
gel

Likes # 0

Thank you very much for all your comments both those to do with computers and those to do with our diet They were all very enjoyable Cheers gel

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK