We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet connection problems

jhinckley

Likes # 0

Hi

Sorry, but I am a complete technophobe so need some help please!

I bought a new Acer laptop about two months ago and have been connected to the wireless router since I bought it.

I am now having trouble connecting to the internet. On the control panel it says that I am connected to the network but also says access type: no internet access. When i try and diagnose the problem it tells me that there is a problem with the router. I have tried turning the router on and off(!). Also, there are two other computers in the house using the same wireless router which are able to access the internet with no problems.

Can someone help please?

Thanks Jo

Like this post
dawood

Likes # 0

Take a look on these wireless network troubleshooting tips, think the problem might be on your wireless adapter settings.

Hope this helps.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes