We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A heads up on my proposed build.

scott373

Likes # 0

Hi everyone, just wanted to show you what I'm planning on building. All I need is a few OK's from everyone to check it will all work fine - I know PC building is a lot more complicated than it first seems.

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz @ 4.80GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor

MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti Twin FrozR II 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Asus P67 Sabertooth Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard - (Sandybridge) * B3 REVISION *

Corsair Graphite 600T Midi Tower Case - Black

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750W V2 High Performance '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply

Corsair Vengeance 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000C10 2000MHz Triple Channel Kit

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit

Intel 320 Series 40GB 2.5" SATA-II 25nm Solid State Hard Drive

Corsair Hydro H60 CPU Cooler with free Akasa Apache Fan (Socket LGA1366 / 1155 / 1156 / 775 / AM2 / AM3)

Samsung SH-B123L/BSBP 12x BluRay ROM / 16x DVD±RW Lightscribe SATA-II Optical Drive

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 16MB Cache x2

I've checked a lot of it myself but I'm sure you guys know a lot more about it. The main thing I'm unsure of is the power and if I have enough of it.

Cheers

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Only a couple of points, the Sabertooth mobo is a great board but I think you would do better with the Asus P8P67.Read this review. Mobo Review and the other point I would like to make is that you would be better off with a OCZ Vertex 2 Series 60 GB SSD, which is something I have, I have my OS and about 70 programs (all games etc go on my 1TB drive, with around 18GB's left. So I think you will fill up the 40GB SSD quite quickly. I would also up your ram by 2GB.

I have been building for a while now, just about to start on a HTPC this weekend, so any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

I would buy THIS card based on INFO I have read

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Good price HERE

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

'ICF' you are plugging that card all over the forums?

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

gengiscant All over the forums.Is twice all over the forums? Look at these rankings

Charts

Charts

People ask for advice and we all give it. It's as innocent as that I don't work for Gigabyte.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

'ICF' keep your hair on,just a joke.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made