We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

chip set problem

mould

Likes # 0

I have a asus m4a88t-v evo usb 3 motherboard when I switch my pc on it comes up with press f1 2 set up chip set configuration or f2 to boot pc dose any one now how to set up the chip set configuration

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

You should have a manual for your board which will show you what to do or you could also have a look on the Asus website for some answers.

From your description I would suspect that the boot disk order is wrong.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Pressing F1 will take you into the BIOS where you can set up all the parameters for the chip set. As ams4127 says its may be for the boot order, it could be the time or one of a number of alternatives. If you look at your manual on page 2-27 you will see the Boot Menu and on pge 2-31 on the Exit Menu you will see Load Setup Defaults, if all else fails you can go back to the default settings.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Mould: is this a new motherboard, or an old one and this problem has just started occurring? If the latter, you may need a new CMOS battery.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Ian in Northampton that is a good point, I has assumed that a board with USB3 would not have a CMOS battery problem yet.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Good point chub_tor - I'd missed the USB 3.0 reference... :-(

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If its USB3 then its got to be a new one.

As above F1 takes you to BIOS setup page where you configure your Hardware. Read the Manual and follow that to set it up, including any Jumpers, as these can be the make or brake of the build

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

This is the Motherboard

Motherboard Link

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

AM3 CPU the board also as a Turbo Switch for extra performance

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features