We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer9 freezing possible Rootkit??

Muergo

Likes # 0

Recently IE9 has started freezing and saying it has to close and restart.

If I ignore this and close the popup without agreeing to close, it goes back to normal. At other times it freezes completely and I need Task Manager to close it

In PCAdv news there was a report of a rootkit infection, I have run a quick scan of Malwarebytes and SAS is running all the time together with Microsoft essentials, ASC shows no malware problems.

Has anybody else had IE9 problems.?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

try a reset of ie9 tools-nternet options-adv tab- press reset button-ok

close down & re-start ie9

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Or while in there press Restore Advanced Setting.Or go to command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter on the keyboard.It should tell you DNS Cache has been flushed.If so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Thank you both, have done all that, now wait and see if that fixes it.

What would cause it to go all sluggish and freeze, there is plenty of disk space and memory unused.

Perhaps it was one of the addons I haven't put back on again.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Add ons should have been transferred from I/E8 so just a matter of enabling them again.

Make sure you have the latest flash and java updates.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room