We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Spyder 2 Pro and Win7

ventanas

Likes # 0

According to Datacolor it won't work, but I've seen many reports that say it does. Just wondered if anyone had tried it. Also, as it has to make contact with the screen can it work with touch screens. As my three pc's are now all Win7 it's a bit of an expensive item to have to throw away.

Grateful for any help.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

It works ok for me. Have you downloaded the updates. I would expect it to work with touch screens, but I'm only guessing.

when I updated to W7 I downloaded Spyder2express 2.3.6 win which works ok on my 64bit machine

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks for that. I have 2.3.5 available for Pro so will look for the later version of express. Does it lose any functions being for for the lower spec device? If I choose to think a bit I suppose I could just place the device against the screen before installing to see what happens. Will be no good if things keep changing.

Will be used on 64bit desktop and 32bit laptop.

Again thanks.

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

Sorry, but have just thought. I assume there is no problem using a serial number for the Pro software on an Express installation.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Have just been doing a search and find that it works for some, but not for others. I just entered the serial number that came with pro software.

I've only just gone back to colorvision software as I was using the coloreye software which came initially with an unlimited trial, unfortunately the latest update put a one week time limit on it. As far as I can remember colorvision works as it always did.

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

Thanks, I'll put the Express software on over the weekend. I found the same as you with Pro, some were ok, others not.

Again, thanks for the help.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

I used to use the Spyder software but found it absolutely terrible at trying to adjust colour on LCD Screens.. Moved over to Calman and HCFR Colormeter.

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

Thanks, something to bear in mind. But I've just placed the unit on the touch screen very carefully, and it was ok. Obviously avoided any shortcuts on the desktop, and kept the cursor out of the way.

Will have a proper go at the weekend.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...