We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Avira Webguard not activated

john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have used Avira for a few years on my 64 bit W7 with no problems. There was a major update the other day, since when, every time I start the PC a warning appears that says to the effect" Webguard is not activated, and I cannpt see how to do so.The Avira "Box" says Antivir Guard -enabled, and for a short time, "Online protection" says - enabled, but this changes to Disabled after a few seconds.A full scan with Avira, and SAS shows no problems. This has only happened sice the update. Any views? My Action Centre, Security, shows no problems.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Any other Avira users with this problem? (if it is one!)

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Apparently there has been quite a fuss.

I haven't seen it, but I have Product Updates switched off after a glitch a few weeks ago. (Virus updates still on)

link text

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014