We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Back Up / Microsoft Money Version 12

Cara2

Likes # 0

I am suddenly unable to backup the above to a removeable disk.

Message states 'not enough room, please insert floppy disk' or something to that effect (I am not using floppy disks).

The file size is 1894809. Does this seem excessive?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

My MS Money backup is 13656 and contains about 15years of data.

Yours certainly looks extremely large but I have no idea why, I'm sorry

Like this post
gel

Likes # 0

I do not know if this helps I have MS Money 2002 It is loaded onto a memory stick so that I can access it on each of my computers I have been using Money 2002 since 2002 Each week I back up to a hard drive on my desk top gel

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Like other posters, I can't help, except to tell you I use Money 97 - yay! - which now has 14 years worth of data, and my file size is 2,756KB. I assume the number you quote is 1,894kb, so the file size doesn't seem particularly large. Have you tried changing your settings so that it will try to back up to a different location - see if that helps?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Don't forget you can compress the file when you back it up.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I'm wondering if it's a disk issue rather than a Money issue - hence my suggestion. Cara2: are you able to write other files to the disk in question?

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Thanks for your replies.

I have tried all options to backup including compressing file size but to no avail. It requires about 2163507 bytes (2 floppy disks, but as I have said I am not using floppy disks).

I am using a 32 gb flash drive with plenty of unused space.

I am able to backup other programs, for instance Sage, with no problem.

Think I am stuck with this problem. If so I would have to start all over again, which would be awful as I have so much important stuff.

For some reason, I do no seem to be able to locate an earlier backup either.

Like this post
gel

Likes # 0

Hello Don't dative up The same happened to me sometime ago Try this Go to money click tools click options click back up click save in and that should tell you where you are savings the back up when you close money normally it is in documents

Then to back up

tick automatically back up it says to floppy FORGET FLOPPY insert a memory stick then browse to save to this stick YOU THEN HAVE A BACK UP !!!! HOPEFULLY

also try click on file lh corner and see if that tells you where you are saving to

Best wishes

I know the feeling

gel

Like this post
gel

Likes # 0

I am no expert by the way so it may be that my suggestions could be helped by those who know better But try this to find where you are backed up to In search try *.mfb
But be patient it takes some time gel

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

10 iPhone app exclusives that make Android users jealous