We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tada sounds when using video or music problem

bri40

Likes # 0

Hi, I hope soneone can help with my problem,when I put a video on or try to play music on my PC I keep getting the Tada sound which I found means close programme. I was wondering if anyone had come across the same problem and come to my aid as I can`t play games,vids & music because of this. I have a desktop computer running Win.XP SP3 2GB ram Hope a solution can be found, Regards, Brian

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

HAve a look in sound schemes - Control panel - Sounds and Audio devices -sounds Tab.

You could set this to No sounds and see if the problem ceases or if it is something else making the sound.

Like this post
bri40

Likes # 0

Thanks for your help Fruit Bat, doing what you suggested has stopped the Tada sound nuisance but also all sound schemes. Is there any way of getting sounds back without getting the same problem returning. At least I now know that if necessary I can stop the nuisance sound. Once again thanks for advice. Regards, bri40

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Now we know its a sound caused by windows sound scheme.

Go back into SOunds and reapply the Windows default sound and see if the problem reoccurs. If so scroll down through the sounds play each one until you find the TAda [I only get this when I win spider solitaire :0)] and disable it, save the new sound scheme.

Like this post
bri40

Likes # 0

Hi.Fruit Bat, problem sorted when I checked sound schemes there about four which I found so I went with Windows default and no sounds and problem solved. Once again thanks for advice Regards

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......