We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.34

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

remember to update it

link text

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

Thanks for the update.

looks like there is an update for it every other week at the moment.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I keep getting reminders every few days to update Flash Player. I click on "update" and get a message saying "Connecting". A couple of minutes later the following message appears "Error, unable to connect to server. Check That you are connected to internet".

I am connected (everything else downloads/updates with no problem). All I can do is cancel. This happens on both my laptop and desktop.

Anyone else found this problem?

sunnystaines, sorry for highjacking your thread, but I thought someone trying to update after your post might come across the same problem and have found a solution.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Yeah, but it still will not operate on IE9 64Bit!! When will that get sorted?

TonyV

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ams

download from my link and see if it installs over the top of the older one that is wahat i did on w7 32bit

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

TonyV

You can install the beta version of 64 bit.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

sunnystaines. Thanks, I'll try that tonight.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Can I ask whether you folk just update via the Adobe notifier or when you know there is an update do you uninstall the old one first (with the Adobe removal tool) and then install the latest ?

I got caught out yesterday... a problem I have heard about but never experienced quite this badly and that is painfully slow Adobe download during the evenings in the UK. It took one and half hours to complete the Flash player download last night from the Adobe download manager. I nearly waited until this morning but risked it... wish I had waited now.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

buteman

I get the impression that it is still very much in the development stage, and that they are working/relying on feedback from the Beta version. I will hang on until there is a released version available and work with IE9 32bit in the interim.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Thanks Sunnystaines!Yeah there's been quite a few flash player updates in the last few weeks!@Mooly,I always uninstall the previous version of adobe flash player,do a registry clean and delete any left over folders before installing the new version.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just installed the new version using Adobe's manager. Only took a few minutes. Checked programs and features prior to installing and afterwards and the older version is removed.

Thanks sunnystaines.

Latest from Adobe.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more