We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD help, "Create association" problem

annelieswm

Likes # 0

My friend made a DVD for all our class mates with clips and memories on it. When I put it in my DVD drive in my PC, I tried to open it with Windows Media Player and the message "Create a association in the Folder Option Control Panel" came up. I looked up how to fix it and it said to go into Appearance and Themes > Folder Options and change the application from there. However, when I reach that nearly all the options don't have the option to "change" at all. I can see the button, but it's all greyed out and I can't select it. I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks a billion.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

It may depend on what software he used to create the DD and if he left it OPEN (add more files later) or Closed (Finalised).

As a short term fix, try the folowing:

Download CDCHECK link text, you get a trial version (fully working)and see if you can recover it to your harddrive.If you can then you can either play it direct from your own system or create a new DVD using your own software.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone