We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer Aspire SA90 Please Help:(

ltmc123

Likes # 0

Hi. I did a factory restore as I am giving my old pc away as I have bought a laptop and thought it was the quickest, easiest way to get all my stuff off the computer. I did my restore by going to start menu because I didn't have a restore disk. The restore seemed to work fine but when rebooting I can't get onto the start screeen, he screen goes blank and says 'Out of Range' and gets stuck there. I cannot start the computer in any of the safe modes because it comes up with a message saying 'cannot complete installation, please restart windows normally to continue installing Windows' and then it restarts and I am back to square 1 again. please help. Thanks

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Refresh rate set too high

set screen refresh rate to 60HZ and retry

Like this post
ltmc123

Likes # 0

Tried to change refresh rate but it only gives me one option which is Use hardware default setting. Thanks, any other suggestions?

Like this post
ltmc123

Likes # 0

Hi All - just wanted to say thanks for your help with my PC problem. I have now managed to fix it - I had to download a Graphics Drive and now PC works perfectly. Thanks again folks :)

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

was the refresh rate set to 60 Hz if its a flat screen

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers