We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vodafone 543 Mobile Phone - Calibration Wizard Nightmare??!!

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi

My wife has a Vodafone 543 Mobile Phone and every time she turns it on the damn Calibration Wizard runs. It's driving her crazy and me too, by association.

I've done online searches for a solution and seen that others too are suffering. So far the only suggestion I've seen, that works, is to leave the phone switched on. I've emailed Vodafone about this problem, however, while I'm waiting for a reply I thought I would give you guys a crack at it.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Second review down Click here

Dave says, "is easy enough to use as long as it's been correctly calibrated (ie using a stylus rather than mashing the screen with your thumb)."

Have you tried that?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi Lazarus The 2nd

"Have you tried that?"

From what I've seen, no she hasn't. In fact I've never seen her use a stylus at all. I didn't even know such a thing came with it? But I'll tell her what 'Dave' said and see what happens, toes crossed!

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd

Well, I told her what 'Dave' said and she said...No, she hadn't used the stylus. However, I'm sure you'll agree when I say her reason for not using it was reasonable. It's because her phone doesn't come with a stylus. So I can only guess that either Dave was talking about another phone or he was using a stylus from another phone?

I'm waiting on delivery of my T-Mobile Pulse Mini smart phone. That has a stylus, so she'll be able to try that.

Like this post
Stormie777

Likes # 0

I was having the same problem with the calibration wizard running whenever I turned the phone back on. I read what Lazarus The 2nd said about using a stylus (and NO, one doesn't come with the phone so I used a pen with the nib retracted) and it said 'done' immediately, whereas before, I was using my thumb to press those annoying little squares popping up in the corner and the centre of the phone - over and over and over again. I can understand why it was driving you nuts. Thanks Lazarus.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...