We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adobe Flash Player

douglas1973
Resolved

Likes # 0

In BBCi Player I am told that I need to install Flash to play the program that I have selected and instructs me to "Download the Flash Player now" On downloading it I find it is exactly the same version of Adobe Flash Player that I had installed (10.3.181.26)and I still am not able to play the program or any other program in BBCi. I therefore switched from Internet Explorer 9 to Firefox but the same problem occured. It also occurs when I try to open an animated greetings card in a Greetings card website. Uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash Player makes no difference.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

In add remove are both versions of flash installed.

Maybe check your add-ons to make sure that they are enabled.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

When I had that problem it took me about a fortnight to get it fixed.

Try View.And set your Zoom to 100% then try one of your flash players to see if it works.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 1

You have to follow the directions on this and make sure no other programs are open when doing it.have a good read through first.

link text

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

A symptom usually occurring when using a registry cleaner or fix. Have a look here, REGISTRY FOR FLASH CORRUPTED

Like this post
douglas1973

Likes # 0

Very many thanks buteman. I followed your instructions and they have worked! Brilliant! The new download of Flash Player took what felt like half an hour - can't see why but the main thing is that I am now back to normal.

Thank you too rdave13 for providing me with a solution which I have not tried because the instruction provided by buteman was succesful. You are probably right that the cause was probably a registry cleaner. I used CCleaner and Ashampoo WinOptimizer 7 very recently.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

douglas1973

Glad you're sorted.

If you would be so kind as to click on the tick, on the post buteman gave the best answer, it will mean that this post is resolved.

That means others need not open the thread. Thank you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...