We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Home video to fit on one disc

scoobydoo12

Likes # 0

Hi I have managed to copy a home video but it has gone onto 2 discs and I want to get it onto 1 how can I do this easily please? Any help appreciated

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

You could try DVD Shrink, although it is a while since I've used it and that was with Windows XP. I don't know if it would work with Vista or Win 7 if that's what you're using.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Burn it to a dual layer disk.

Like this post
scoobydoo12

Likes # 0

I am using XP. Have tried DVD shrink but not sure if I did something wrong but it didn't work.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

As said by ams4127 burn to dual layer disc unless your DVD burner is very old on not D/L

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

.What size and format was the original file .Shrink is fine you say it did not work please clarify. what did not work With shrink you need to import the original file this can only be either an Iso image or a Video_ts folder .If your orignal file is not in these formats then you could just add the 2 files you created when you burnt the dvd into shrink reauthor them to one file ready for burningsc but easier to use dvd flick it will fit your file to one disc and is free link text In that choose to make an Iso file first Project settings >burning then tick the Iso box .That way you can the play that check the quality and that its all on the disc then burn to dvd if ok

Like this post
scoobydoo12

Likes # 0

It was a vhs video tape which I recorded onto disc which is why it took 2 discs. I am a total novice at this - can you tell lol

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Ok no problem then perhaps the easier for you is to use shrink What yop need to do is get shrink to create an iso of each one once you have done that come nback and I'll walk you through how to put them onto one disc or you can view this tutorial if you are stuck just ask ignore the fact this one is using several titles your s will probably only have one on each dvd link text

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

DVDShrink will work on W7,causwe I have used it - it is a very good app. David

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...