We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win 7 64bit randomly entering power save mode

bionicle

Likes # 0

Running Windows 7 64bit professional. Recently had to restore system from a recovery disk and now having a problem. PC used by four users each with own seperate log in. When my son is using the PC he encounters at random intervals the screen informing 'Entering Power Save Mode'. This only happens when he has logged on. I have attempted to resolve this by setting the Power Options to 'Turn off display' to Never and 'Put the computer to sleep' also to Never. However it still randomly goes into power save but only on his log in. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In his account go to power options select Create a power plan and try high performance and select 'never' for the other two options. Then you can select My Custom Plan 1 if it's the first one created. If that works try creating another plan if you need it to sleep etc.

Like this post
bionicle

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13. Just tried that so will need to try it out. Not too sure though as setings under this new power plan are just the same as I had already set. But will give it a go anyway.

Like this post
bionicle

Likes # 0

Thanks rdave13. Seems to be working so far.

Like this post
bionicle

Likes # 0

Sorry its not working again...same issue. Any other suggestions please?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...