We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot get about:config in FFox

Muergo

Likes # 0

I am still struggling to get graphics to appear in Firefox as per my thread of 2/05 in which rdav link took me to Mozilla Knowledge base about it.

I have done most of the recommended cures to no result but there is one that requires entering about:config.

When I put this into the address bar it refuses to load, saying retype.

I have tried combinations with spaces but nothing gets me into the site.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Works ok for me.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try.Tool.Options.Content and make sure load images automatically is ticked.

See if that helps.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Everything is ticked or not and all exception boxes are empty.

Re graphics which is the basic problem, when I look at the PC Advisor news page in firefox there are photo/graphics/header missing, if I then change the same tab to view in IE9 then they all appear.

I thought that going from FF4 to FF5 would have fixed it but it hasn't.

I still can't get about:config to run

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

For some inexplicable reason suddenly I was able to access about:config so that problem is cleared. BUT having checked the two items that MozillaZine Knowledge base highlights about missing images, both are set correctly no alteration required and I still need to use IE9 if I want to see images.

I have unistalled Skype which was another query and have Adblock turned off, I even disabled all the addons but no go.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I would be inclined to remove Firefox completely including the profiles directory, which includes your bookmarks and settings.

I appreciate that you will lose your bookmarks but as you use IE as well I assume that both browsers have the same bookmarks/favourites so they can be imported back into Firefox after re-installation.

If you have tried this my next suggestion would be to remove it all again and then ensure that all references to Firefox are removed from the registry.

Good luck!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I take it you have the proper Flash player installed for Firefox.

Check in add remove it should say Adobe Flash player Plugin.

The Active X one is for I/E.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers