We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet connection

jencalu
Resolved

Likes # 0

My pc won't connect to explorer - the email is ok so there is a connection and I can connect with my laptop. It just keeps searching and looking for a fix and doesn't connect. I also cannot close it, it just changes colour and keeps "searching". I have loggged on & off and run the security but it also cannot connect to the internet to complete the fix. Any ideas??/

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If it's internet explorer then go to tools, internet options then the advanced tab and select to repair internet explorer.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I think what rdave13 means is press the reset button.

Or maybe check programs and make sure I/E is set as the default web browser.

Like this post
jencalu

Likes # 0

Ah, but that's a problem as I can't access the toolbar!

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

Control Panel.Internet Options.

Or try Firefox till you get it sorted.

link text

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools and select IE (no-addons) then reset IE.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

"I have loggged on & off and run the security but it also cannot connect to the internet to complete the fix."

Logged on & off from what? It sounds as though there may be a problem with more than just Internet Explorer. Run a scan with your AntiVirus program and also with Malwarebytes which, if necessary, you can download with your Laptop and transfer to the Desktop PC with a USB stick.

Like this post
jencalu

Likes # 0

I right-clicked on IE reset and it still won't open - just keeps "searching". I am using the same BB to send this via laptop, so confused. Have restarted twice and a program called trusteer comes up to allow or not - don't know the webbsite

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

IE (no addons) and left click the reset tab. Don't open IE only through the all programs, accessories and system tools route. If you think trusteer rapport is messing IE up then it's in the all programs list where you can stop it running.

Like this post
jencalu

Likes # 0

Nope, as soon as it has to connect to internet it justs waits & waits. Can't cancel prog, have to restart

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try a system restore.

buteman's idea a good one. Download firefox and save on the other PC. Use a flash drive or cd to install on the one IE's not working and see if you can connect.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room