We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Caps Lock sounds

Tulips
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is there a way to make the Caps Lock key "bleep" or make any other noise when the key is pressed? I don't have a light on the keyboard to indicate when the Caps Lock are on. Thanks.

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

For XP

Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Use ToggleKeys

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 1

W7 - Control Panel>Ease of Access>Change how your keyboard works>Toggle Keys

Or this 3rd party displays in Tray. link text

Like this post  
marvin42

Likes # 0

In W7 - All Programs, Accessories, Ease of Access,Ease of Access Centre, Make the Keyboard easier to use, Turn on Toggle Keys.

OR Control Panel, Ease of Access Centre, Make the Keyboard easier to use, Turn on Toggle Keys.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I use a really cool piece of software - works on XP, Vista and W7. It's called Boldfinger, and it disables the Caps Lock key. If you really want Caps Lock, you have to use Alt + Caps Lock (I think).

Like this post
Tulips

Likes # 0

Thanks guy's, went with robinofloxley and it worked a treat. How do you close a thread once you have your solution?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...