We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

editing excel after e mailing

bruno

Likes # 0

I have a chart I have made in Excel 2010 and Windows 7. I want to send it to a small group so they can alter it at their end. I tried PDF, but this does not seem to do what I want. I am new to Excel, so any help will be welcome.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Why don't you just send them the Excel file? Am I missing something?* The only problem you'll have is co-ordinating all their changes. The only thing to watch out for in sending them an Excel 2010 file is that some of them - probably most of them - will have an earlier version of Excel, in which case you may want to save your version as a .xls file and not a .xlsx file.

• Ah, I just thought. Possibly many of them don't have Excel at all... In which case, I really don't know how you can do what you want to do.
Like this post
bruno

Likes # 0

I will give that a try(sending them the file),and also saving as an .xls file instead of a .xlsx file.There are only seven of us involved and I am fairly sure they all have Excel.I will check. Thanks for your help.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

There is a feature called Track Changes which may or may not be useful. (Word also has it)

link text

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Track changes is useful, but can be confusing. I have to do this exercise once a month - get product managers to update their launch schedules - and I always insist that they either highlight their changes/additions in a different colour text, or use a different colour cell fill - that makes life much easier.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers