We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS VisualC++2005. Installing problem

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am trying to install a freeware photo stitching programme, but it tells me that I need Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 Redistributable Package. I tried this several times yesterday,but kept getting bonged out with the message ' this is not a valid Win.32 Application'. I have d/loaded it afresh in case it was corrupt, and now get past the agreement window but now the message comes up 'this is on a redistributable disk which I must insert'. Obviously I don't have it, but I see in Add/Remove there are five versions of VC 2008 and three of 2005. Is it safe to remove all these ( they all show used rarely) and retry installing. If it still says I need a disc, what then? Any help will be appreciated. I am XP Home SP3 32bit Thanks.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Ah--it is AdblockPlus that is the problem. Unchecked a few boxes and it has gone green straight away.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED