We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Emails not received

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 1

Three times now, my new car insurance policy documents have been emailed to me - once six days ago and twice today, once each to my two addreses - and none has arrived at my inbox. I'm getting emails from other sources, so something's working OK.

I've checked in junk etc - but nothing there! I've also been to "my web mail" on my broadband supplier's site - but nothing there either!

Any ideas as to what might be the cause of this problem?

I use windows XP home SP3, Outlook 2010 and Outlook Express

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks to all for the willing help and advice! I'll follow you, recap, and settle on Outlook as my default email program.

Incidentally, while I'm getting emails from other contacts, I still don't have the emails that I was expecting, re the car insurance! Annoying!!

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

Yimbo, if you haven't already, send the insurance company an email so they have your correct address then they can just reply to that one.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

One other thing to look at Yimbo, for the short term, until you get the email you require - is to check the Junk mail filter. On the Home tab, in the Delete group, click Junk, and then click Junk E-mail Options. Add the insurance companies email account to the Safe Sender list.

Check that your anti-virus program is allowing this through as well.

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thank you all! You've been very helpful! Much appreciated!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...