We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

+++ MAKING PHOTOS SMALLER ON VISTA & XP +++

pcdimwit
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have some (HUGE) sized photos (about 3-4mb each) that I want to make much smaller (but keeping the original hi-res large size ones) for attaching to emails etc., how can I do this, I was sure there was a window that opens on my windows XP laptop with a "custom" setting to make photos smaller at one click but I cant seem to find it now, in Vista if I click on the photo I get a window with lots of options and if I click on "edit" it brings up the window with how to crop, alter brightness contrast etc., but nothing to downsize the photo, I do have paint.net programme but cant find an option to make a small size (+/- 200kb) photo from the original, what do you suggest, and if its possible in paint.net what do I have to do?? thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

See also MS Answers

Like this post
pcdimwit

Likes # 0

Have found one in "accessories" in the start menu of XP and in windows "help" on Vista, also in Paint.net programme found its VERY simple with a great "percentage" size dropper that shows you how big kb wise the lower the percentage level you go off the original foto, what is good is that it saves the reduced size foto and keeps the orginal one too. Thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room