We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I've lost my pics

B.J.

Likes # 0

Help please....a couple of days ago I was doing some sorting of my photos on PICASA...... when I came to delete a test folder of about 6 pics I lost nearly ALL my pictures, I expected them to be in the recycling bin but ....no. Can files like photos just dissappear into nothing or are they hiding somewhere on my PC. I think it might have happened because the laptop I was using has a habit of 'clicking' on anything that the curser might cross when I'm moving it. It's a Dell laptop with Vista home brew. B.J.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Your pics should still be lurking ... run this direct download link text to recover them. First create a New Folder on your desktop, then before starting the program browse to that folder as the Destination from within the program. Don't be surprised when the program finds possibly thousands of images, it may 'pick-up' all the little Icon images within your computer too, these can easily be deleted from the New Folder without any harm being done. I have used this program many times, mostly when helping friends find their lost pics on their PCs and Camera Cards.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Second post in this thread Technotiger, Click Hear for Campicrestore

CampicRestore

After downloading the Program double click it for it to run point it to the drive you want to check, It should be a lot bigger drive that you save to in the Save to settings

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

woodchip

You did not look at my link above :-)

Like this post
B.J.

Likes # 0

Thanks yet again folks....it's good to have you all standing by waiting for my next cock up.....Campicrestore has done the trick. I've recovered most of 'em and when I've got more time I'll get the rest. Thanks again. B.J.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

That's good, thanks for your feedback.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Did not see the link mixed in with the text. The Program is what I introduced to this forum

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

Is there a web page that lists what Campicrestore will do? Thanks David

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

David4637

No, but CampicRestor (beware Campicrestor, not the same thing) will recover deleted images from any Camera Card and any Hard drive, even when said Card/Drive has been reformatted!

Be aware that when recovering images from a Hard drive, CampicRestor will also find most, if not all, of any images usually on a hard drive, such as all the little icons in all the programs on the drive - meaning that you could end up with literally thousands of recovered images. It is though, easy, if perhaps a bit tedious, to delete all of these unwanted images without actually losing them from their respective programs.

It is best to create a New Folder on your desktop and then browse to that folder from within CampicRestor, it is then an easy matter to find your lost pics and to delete any not required. If you do not create a separate folder as above, then Campic Restor saves all the recovered pics into its own folder, named DIR, in your My Programs folder.

During the recovery process you may open the New Folder and see the pics being recovered. You can also Cancel the recovery process at any time - all images recovered up to that point will still be in the New Folder or in DIR as above.

I hope this covers your question!! It really is a great little program, especially as it is completely FREE! I discovered CampicRestor on a Photography Magazine Cover-disc many many years ago, and have used it successfully on many occasions.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

B.J. If you're using the finger pad on your laptop check to see if you can change the sensitivity of it so that you need to tap it to select. Same if you're using a mouse. I don't have a Dell but you should be able to find the settings if you have the pad's icon in the notification area. That will help it not selecting when you don't want to.

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

Thanks Nontek for your info, I have tried and like Recuva, which does a very similar action to Campicrestor, so I will stick with that for now. Thanks again David

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide