We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nokia 2730c-1 Unlock problem

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi.My Brother got a Nokia 2730c-1 Locked to Orange from his daughter as she got a new one.It was a contract phone

Now he has a T-Mobile sim card and we thought that it would work as both the same company now I believe, but no it did not work.

So I reset the phone to factory settings hoping that would do the trick but no it will not accept the T-Mobile sim card.

Now the real problem is setting it to factory settings removed a lot of the programs that were already on the phone.

I am taking it down to the local market tomorrow to get it opened for any sim card.

Now if I do that then press phone updates will it reinstall lost programs or will it actually revert back to a locked Phone.

I don't want to be parting with £10 if it is going to lock up again.

That will learn me to mess around with something I know very little about.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok.Will find out no doubt when I take it down to the market.

Like this post  
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Resetting a phone to factory settings will not and never has unlocked a phone, all you needed to do was to take it down to,wherever, to get it unlocked then you would have kept your programs.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

gengiscant

Yes have to agree with you about that but to late now it has already been done. Never mind I learned one thing,not to do it again.

Brother is on holiday so was trying to get it fixed for him coming back.

Just charging it up before I take it to the market.

I will explain it to the chap that is going to fix it and see if there is a way of getting it back to the way it was.

Thanks for the info.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well that was a waste of time.

The chap only comes on a Friday and Saturday.

So back again tomorrow.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well another waste of time.

looks like the market Stall holder has opened a shop round the corner from the market.

I Asked if he would open it for me.£35.00 he said.

Don't bother I said phone is not worth that.

It usually only took about 5 minutes on the computer for him to open phones.

I suppose he has to pay for the rent and rates for the shop but at those prices I don't think that he will be kept very busy.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

It only costs about a tenner up in here in Edinburgh, at least it did the last time I did it, which was a good few years ago, probably a bit more now mind.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

link text Just seen this perhaps this will help

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

gengiscant

Yes same here I had it done a few years back and it was only £10 which is not bad for 5 or 10 minutes work.

I will try another shop in one of the other nearby towns to see if their prices have changed as well.

If so it it will probably get scrapped it was basically for a spare or just a change from his own.

I think you can actually have it done through the phone provider for less than that.

The best about the older type phones you could unlock them yourself from the internet.

It will be next week sometime before I get out and about again but I will let you know how I got on.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Or you could just get a FREE Orange SIM card and it will work without being unlocked

Free Orange SIM

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

BT

No security clearance from WOT for that one so will give it a miss just in case.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia