We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

remove android from net book

talyho

Likes # 0

Can any one please tell me if instant-on for android can be removed from my wifes (Acer Aspire one) she down loaded it from her user guide but it seems to have complicated her netbook for her as she is just starting on computing any help please

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 1

Try uninstalling it with this link text FREE version. Follow these instructions exactly.

During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses. After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

My understanding is the Android is provided for this netbook as a dual boot so that if you just want to browse on the net or e-mail Android gives you a quick start. I would be wary of removing it.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Woolwell - Hi, having been downloaded by user, I assume therefore that it is un-installable.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Nontek - I think it was pre-installed - not sure what was meant by "downloaded from user guide". The user guide is normally on the system.

Which model Acer Aspire One?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is it this one D250 review

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Woolwell Reckon you are right, but having read that review I can understand why the OP wants to get rid of the Android OS.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features