We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Word 2007 problem

Chas49

Likes # 0

I have a file in Wiord 2007, the contents are listed by using the Refernces/ Table of Contents entry on the ribbon. I have always been able to click on an item in this list to be taken to that page. However, today it refuses to work and throws up a dialog box with the follpwing message:- 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on thus computer. Contact your administrator' - I have no such knowledge of these restrictions and I am the administrator!

I recently downloaded and installed Firefox 5 but had to uninstall it agaun when it would not run and am now using IE8. I had an EMail the other day where the spam filter failed to catch an email beginning with Congratulations and my name - like an idiot I opened it and, when I could find no senders name realised that it was just spam and deleted it immediately. Suspecting that it may have given me some malware I have run SuperAntiSpyware with no result.

So, how could an alteration be made which would affect Word? Your advice would be greatly appreciated for, short of reinstalling Win7 I can't think of an answer to this.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Suspect that this is to do with change of browser. That sort of message normally occurs when hyperlinks are not working in Word.

Ensure that all traces of Firefox have been removed or install Firefox 4 and make sure that IE8 is properly set as your default browser.

Confirm W7 is your OS.

Like this post
Chas49

Likes # 0

Woolwell:

Your suspicions were well grounded! Whilst I was waiting I thought that I would experiment by installing Firefox 4.01 from Filehippo. As you suggested, the problem was caused by the unistalling of Firefox 5 - apart from your goodself whoever would have seen a possible connection between Firefox and Word 2007? Many thanks for your input!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Glad it is sorted. I guess that going to the right page is like a link.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

Watch new Grolsch ad that combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015